- Client:Tower Centre Rijeka
- Location:Rijeka (Croatia)
- Project manager:Mediapolis Engineering
- Mullion-transom façade system Schüco FW 50+ (tower)
- Mullion-transom poligonal façade system Schüco FW 50+ (trade center)
- Mullion-transom roof façade system Schüco FW 50+ (dome) with smoke-out windows, dome installed on a wood lamellar structure
- Automatic doors and cantilever roofs
The Croatian project includes a directional tower and the large architectural shape of the shopping centre, centrally dominated by a glass dome roof. The project is part of the general town refurbishment project for a suburb of Rijeka facing the sea. Very appropriate therefore the large glass surfaces, with their plays of light dominated by the blue hues characteristic the area.
Façades, doors and windows define the shopping centre with their straight lines, interspersed by polygonal terraced elements.
A tower of 15 floors above ground and two attic floors facing the sea, the affinity to which is ensured by the two blue hues of the glass work (Low-E quality), also featuring in the straight and curved façades of the main shopping centre and the large hall dome roof. The large attic finishes the tower with an oblique profile, which together with the full and empty components of the façade gives life to the project, brought together by the curtain wall.
The 22 metre diameter dome has a primary structure made of wooden slats, covered by a secondary one consisting of a thermally insulated aluminium system. Nicolli specifically designed the joints between the two taking into account the different expansion properties of the materials (wood and aluminium), making their connection solid and dynamic at the same time.