- Client:Private villas
- Location:Schio (Vicenza)
- Project manager:FontanAtelier, Luisa Fontana architect
- Photographer:Nicolli, FontanAtelier
- Notes:The "leaf windows" of this work won the first prize at the contest "The window I want" 2011 (second selection), launched by Fischer italia.
- Poligonal mullion-transom façade with variable angle of curvature, realized in Schüco system FW 50+
- Aluminium sliding doors system Schüco ASS 50
- Aluminium windows system Schüco AWS 65
- Aluminium sliding doors system with variable angle of curvature: Nicolli design.
- Special customized aluminium "leaf" windows system.
- External motorized roller blinds.
Nest villas are in an exclusive residential complex consisting of two buildings with annexe on a hill with secular trees. The main elements of the architectures of the two twin buildings can be found in the use of glass and the movement. It is therefore the accurate study of light that makes these villas bright and welcoming.
The Nicolli technical office designed the solution for the closure of the sliding doors and windows with variable bending radius of the polygonal façade, creating highly effective snug round internal areas.
The polygonal façades, the doors and windows with internal mechanisms and alarm sensors, and the motor driven curtains are integrated with the house automation system that manages the two buildings, where special attention is given to energy savings. With their peculiar leaf shaped windows, the two small annexes surrounded by greenery and covered by artificial grass are lost among the trees.