- Client:Central Concert Hall - Astana
- Location:Astana (Kazakhstan)
- Project manager:Nicoletti Associati
- Photographer:Nicoletti Associati
- High performance VEA façades.
- Substructure of VEA façades (carpentry).
- Entrance cubicle doors.
- Anti-panic security doors realized with Schuco system AWS 65.
Three concave point-fixed façades, tilted and tapered, of different sizes and shapes, for a total of approximately 700 m2, which exceed 800 m2 when including the entrance doors and the emergency exits, are suspended using bespoke laser cut stainless steel ball and socket joints and spiders.
In the Kazakhstan Central Concert hall the structure of the façades is made of tilted steel tubes, hinged at the floor and the roof, to which the façade ball and socket joints are attached using steel tubes. The 148 glass panels have high thermal and sound insulation properties. They have been designed for the extreme local temperatures, which can go from -40 to +40 °C.
The entrance doors cubicles are made of clear layered glass with standard opening and motorised automatic door closing mechanism, joined to the structure by appropriate steel profiles.